For a house to stand, it needs to rest on a firm foundation. Likewise, you need a solid base to support your healthy smile. The bones in your jaw and face provide that support. When something isn’t right with those bones, we can help with surgical orthodontics in St. John, IN. Through this process, you can:
- Fix bite problems
- Correct structural issues
- Address the cause of TMJ disorders
By working directly with a skilled oral surgeon, our orthodontists can ensure you get the full benefits of this treatment if needed. Call 219-440-6512 to schedule a consultation at Orthodontic Alliances.
Improve Your Smile’s Appearance
It would be great if standard orthodontic treatments could fix every problem. For better or worse, that’s not always the case. That’s why surgery can be needed in some situations, such as:
- Protruding Lower Jaw – This looks similar to an underbite, but the cause is the position of your lower jaw rather than the alignment of your teeth.
- Weak Chin – This looks like an overbite, but again, the cause is your lower jaw alignment rather than how your teeth erupted.
- Open Bites – This occurs when you close your mouth but still have a gap between your upper and lower teeth. Sometimes this too goes back to your jaw alignment.
Surgery also can be valuable in treating some patients with TMJ disorders. The position of your jaw can affect the joints that allow you to open and close your mouth. If this alignment is off, it can cause frequent jaw pain, affect the mobility of your jaw, and make you more likely to suffer headaches or earaches.
Create the Foundation For a Healthy Smile
For many people, dentofacial orthopedics and standard orthodontic care can create straight smiles. For people with injuries, birth defects, or genetic factors, however, making structural changes may be necessary to create your dream smile.
To find out if you or someone you love could benefit from surgical orthodontics in St. John, IN, talk to one of our doctors. Call 219-440-6512 to plan your visit to Orthodontic Alliances.