The last thing you want to do after orthodontic treatment is waste all the time and money you put into straightening your or your child’s smile by not maintaining it. Typically, removable retainers are used to maintain your new smile, but they are easy to lose, and even easier not to wear. Orthodontic Alliances wants to help you take care of your straight smile with invisible retainers in Michigan City. These retainers offer you all these benefits:They're Permanent and no one will ever see them Read Transcript
Here at Orthodontic Alliances, we are big believers in what we like to call invisible retainers, and they are our retainers of choice. So, these are also known as permanent or bonded retainers, and they're really just little metal wires that are custom-fitted to the back sides of your front teeth of both jaws and glued into place to keep your teeth bridged together as one unit.
But the real beauty of these permanent glued and bonded retainers, you never have to worry about, unlike our removable retainer, whether you're wearing your retainer enough or worse yet, where was the last place that you left it? And as the name implies, invisible retainers are just that – invisible, so you can't see the wire every time you smile. Unlike old-school, removable retainers that when you wear them, every time you smile, you see a big, thick, steel wire instead of the brand-new smile that we just worked to establish for you.
- They’ll protect your new smile by keeping your teeth in place.
- You can’t lose your retainer because it’s bonded into place.
- You won’t have to worry about making sure to wear your retainer a certain amount of time each day.
- People around you will not be able to see your retainer.
Call our friendly office today to schedule your appointment: 219-809-6584. We’re located at 1401 Woodland Ave.
Our Bonded Retainers Keep Your Teeth Where They Need to Be
Indiana orthodontists Dr. Randy Schmidt and Dr. Evan Schmidt use bonded invisible retainers to help you preserve the corrected position of your teeth. This kind of retainer is different from the standard removable retainer for a couple of reasons:
- It will be impossible to lose. Unlike a removable retainer, this type of retainer is bonded to the backside of your teeth. At Orthodontic Alliances, we have heard countless stories about how a patient would have worn their retainer if they had not lost it. By using a bonded permanent retainer, there is no way for you to misplace it.
- You will wear it for the correct amount of time. Many patients need additional straightening treatments because they didn’t wear their retainer long enough each day for it to work properly. Patients are embarrassed by the look of the retainer, so they don’t wear it like they should. Our bonded permanent retainer will not affect your smile but will still prevent your teeth from slipping back into their old positions.
Orthodontic Alliances is here to make sure you have a bright, straight, and beautiful smile. Our invisible retainers in Michigan City help us do that. Call us today at 219-809-6584 to get started with your orthodontic treatment.